HR News January 2016 Abstract
(2016 Jan 2nd)
In this issue of HR News …
- Experts from The Segal Group and ADP share their separate perspectives on what government agencies and other organization can do to avoid the worst effects of the still-looming ACA excise tax on high-value health plans for employees.
- Four IPMA-HR members detail steps they have already taken to ensure workers retain valued health benefits without significantly increasing the costs of delivering those benefits.
- Insights on how to develop and maintain comprehensive employee health programs that feature high-deductible insurance and worksite clinics are provided by HR practitioners in Tennessee and Washington.
- Newly installed association President Bill Cole shares his vision for creating HR2020, strengthening IPMA-HR chapters and making social media a principal resource for members.
- This month’s Managing People in Tough Times column focuses on “Strategies for Managing Older Workers.”
- The monthly review of decisions in important labor relations cases touches on whether prescription drug use can be considered a disability, if incidental comments can constitute personal attacks and how to draw the distinction between interfering with FMLA rights and retaliating for exercising those rights.