HR News February 2016 Abstract
(2016 Jan 29th)
In this issue of HR News …
- The South Carolina Department of Transportation reversed nearly a decade of workforce declines by raising salaries using previously allocated payroll funds and redesigning performance reward programs.
- Georgia’s State Road and Tollway Authority prioritizes retention in order to design and implement effective recruitment plans.
- Using web forms to document and organize feedback sessions shows promise for improving performance management.
- One size never fits all when it comes to recognizing outstanding work by individual employees.
- Not even the most tradition-bound workplace can now operate without social media rules and strategies.
- The HR function remains invisible in too many organizations. What are you doing to demonstrate your value?
- Gain insight into setting salaries by understanding market rates and percentiles.
- Review recent rulings in employment law cases related to same-sex harassment, empty threats from superiors and racial discrimination claims.