HR News December 2015 Abstract
(2015 Dec 1st)
In this issue of HR News …
- Outgoing IPMA-HR President Richard Stokes shares highlights from a busy 2015 and sets a course for the future of the association and profession.
- Insights on how to grow a culture of learning organically are offered by Christina Winting and Carla Morberg.
- IPMA-HR Executive Direct Neil Reichenberg walks public sector managers through the challenges presented by coming changes to FLSA overtime rules
- Julius Rhodes issues a call to action in “An Easy Approach to Innovation.”
- Learn “Why Your Organization Must Screen Volunteers” from Katie Zwetzig, executive director of Verified Volunteers.
- Leadership development aimed at internal promotions is described by Heather Brown and Margaret Schmitt in “Giving City Employees an EDGE in Lynchburg, Va.”
- U.S. Merit System Promotions Board executives J. Peter Leeds and James Tsugawa explain the importance of “Recognizing the Value of Recognition.”
- Jim Fox and Bruce Lawson answer a question about optimizing a broadbrand pay structure in their latest CompDoctorTM column.
- This month’s Labor Relation’s column looks at major federal court decisions in cases related to FMLA rights, whistleblower protections, smartphone discovery rules and performance bonus eligibility.