HR News April 2016 Abstract
(2016 Apr 1st)
In this issue of HR News…
- L. Casey Chosewood with the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health provides an insight into a program that moves beyond the traditional workplace wellness program.
- HR News writer Ed Lamb highlights some municipalities who are trying to snuff out employee nicotine addiction once and for all.
- Healthcare service consultant Maureen Hewitt shares details behind an Employee Caregiver Assistance Programs, which can greatly benefit employers as well as employees.
- Research Manager Melissa Paluch provides some research-based tips on how to effectively launch a wellness program in your workplace.
- CompDoctorTM column focuses on creating broader compensation structures.
- Labor Relations column focuses on cases involving race, age and disability discriminations.
- Howard Risher's Managing People in Tough Times column provides useful advice on how government need to start revolutionizing workforce management if they want to stay relevant for the future generations.