The Family and Medical Leave Act & Americans with Disabilities Act
Learn proven strategies for stemming the tide of employee abuse of the FMLA and ADA.
Both the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) were created with the noblest of intentions. However, the number of employees who regularly abuse the protections afforded under these critical Acts create a haze around them that is nothing short of ignoble.
A few facts:
- FMLA intermittent leave requests have risen 150% since 2000. [Source: Employment Policy Foundation]
- The median loss caused by occupational fraud cases worldwide is $140,000. [Source: Association of Certified Fraud Examiners' (ACFE) 2012 global fraud study]
- Workplace access issues and legal protections for employees with mental health problems are the two most common abuses of the ADA in the workplace.
Fortunately for employers, there are several tools available to turn the tide and take back your workplace. Join experienced employment and labor law attorney David Ritter as he takes you through the finer points of the law regarding the FMLA and ADA in the public sector. Through the use of actual court cases, you’ll learn what practices employers have engaged in that have worked — and which have backfired.
- Get an insightful overview of the most critical legal pitfalls you need to watch for.
- Discover the most common, as well as the most novel, ways employees “game the system.”
- Learn what legal practices have worked for employers — and which have backfired.
Available Live and On-demand
Purchase the Entire 4-part Series Now or Learn More About the Series
The following video file is contained within a zip archive.
To access it, you may need to install a program like 7-Zip.
Have you purchased this video, but lost the password?
Contact Jacqueline Snyder for help.