IPMA-Minnesota is a chapter of the national IPMA-HR organization and has been in existence since 1973. The membership is composed of novice and experienced professional and managerial representatives, attorneys and consultants from every area of public sector including municipalities, counties, state and other governmental authorities.
- To provide a forum for persons engaged in public human resources administration to discuss current issues and future trends.
- To exchange ideas and information and establish professional contacts.
- To provide opportunities to stay current on human resources legislation and policy development at the federal, state and local levels of government.
- To enhance individual knowledge and skills and to promote career development of human resources professionals.
- To implement and advance the objectives and program of the IPMA-US.
- To promote sound human resources philosophy consistent with maximization of investment in human capital.
- To encourage and facilitate cooperative action among public jurisdictions and private employers within the chapter area on personnel problems of mutual concern.
- Join a network of colleagues with expertise in all aspects of public sector employee relations.
- Keep up with what's going on in the field by IPMA-Minnesota's quarterly meetings. All of our program agendas are designed to address timely and relevant issues of specific interest to the membership; new developments, legal changes, and legislative proposals.