The Greater Illinois Chapter of IPMA began as an informal gathering of downstate human resource professionals in 1986. Two years later, in 1988 the group became an official chapter of IPMA. Membership is available to any public human resource professional located in “downstate” Illinois.
- To implement the objectives and programs of the IPMA-US within the Greater Illinois Chapter area.
- To provide a forum for persons engaged in public human resources administration to discuss current issues and future trends.
- To exchange ideas and information and establish professional contacts.
- To provide opportunities to stay current on human resources legislation and policy development at the federal, state and local levels of government.
- To enhance individual knowledge and skills and to promote career development of human resources professionals.
- To encourage and facilitate cooperative action among public jurisdictions within the chapter area on human resource problems of mutual concern.
- An opportunity to network with other public human resource professionals, and exchange ideas, express mutual concerns and share common interests and experiences.
- Luncheon meetings are held bi-monthly with different member jurisdictions rotating as hosts. Meetings include noteworthy speakers presenting information on various policies and procedures affecting the human resources professional on local and national levels. All of our program agendas are designed to address timely and relevant issues of specific interest to the membership; new developments, legal changes, and legislative proposals.
For individuals interested in joining the Greater Illinois Chapter please contact Sara Newcomb, Treasurer for Membership at (309) 478-5380.