- To provide a forum for persons engaged in public personnel administration to discuss their current problems and to provide a medium for their mutual self-improvement.
- To implement the objectives of the International Public Management Association for Human Resources within Louisiana through providing continuity of approach to problems, by providing a formal channel for feedback to the Association, and by then assisting in planning in the Association's programs.
- To explain and interpret the objectives and methods of public personnel administration to the general public, civic groups, public officials, and public employees.
- To encourage and facilitate cooperative action among public jurisdictions and private employers within the Chapter area on personnel problems of mutual concern.
- To promote and proclaim the professionalism of public personnel management.
- To organize exclusively for professional education of human resource personnel who are members, within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law. This organization shall not engage in any other activities not permitted by an organization exempt from Federal income tax under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue law.
Membership in this Chapter shall be open to any person interested in improved personnel administration in accordance with the principles of the merit system in public employment, and who is in sympathy with the objectives and programs of the Louisiana Chapter and of the International Public Management Association for Human Resources.
This year we have additional options for membership which are outlined as follows. Annual dues are for July 1st - through June 30th.
- $100 Student Membership – provides no voting privileges and FREE attendance to all four (4) quarterly meetings.
- $150 Individual Membership – provides voting privileges and Free attendance at all four (4) quarterly meetings.
- $400 Agency Membership – provides voting privileges and Free attendance by up to three (3) representatives at all four (4) quarterly meetings.