Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
|The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) is an award winning, nationally recognized agency and recipient of the National Gold Medal Award for Excellence in Parks and Recreation Management, serving the Maryland region adjacent to the Nation's Capital. We are currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to partner with client groups and employees to provide strategic HR and Employee Relations guidance that aligns with operational needs.
Example of Important Duties
- Support client groups in all HR related matters such as employee/labor relations, HR policy guidance and interpretation, performance management, talent acquisition, organizational effectiveness, training and development, compensation, and benefits.
- Responsible for building manager capability to lead the business and drive employee engagement.
- Coach and counsel managers on employee/labor relations issues; investigate alleged policy or procedure infractions, document findings, and recommend remedial measures as necessary.
- Champion and promote a positive employee relations climate, providing appropriate counsel and support to ensure that any Employee Relations processes are delivered to maximize the employee experience.
- Conduct internal investigations regarding workplace issues such as employee complaints, discrimination, and harassment. Identify root causes and provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution.
- Have effective, regular interface with employees and line managers to understand performance barriers and to develop creative solutions to overcome these barriers.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring compliance with Federal and State employment laws.
- Partner with HR team to share best practices, identify areas of common improvement and participate in team initiatives and projects.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Requires working knowledge of human resources policies, practices and tools and demonstrated knowledge of pertinent employment laws and regulations.
- Strong consultation and problem-solving skills; effective communication and presentation skills.
- HR certification is a plus
Job Requirements (Optional):
|1. Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or related subject; and
2. Four years of progressively responsible administrative experience related to the needs of the division or department to which the position is assigned; or
3. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
How To Apply (Optional):