The City of Redwood City invites you to apply for the position of Human Resources Technician. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual looking to grow their career within a dynamic team of 7 HR Professionals. Under the supervision of a Senior Human Resources Analyst, the Human Resources Technician provides generalist support for a variety of human resources functions. Primarily, this position performs work in the areas of human resources administration, recruitment and selection, training and employee development, with occasional support work provided in the area employee relations.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Providing support for administration of recruitment and selection processes; preparing job announcements, advertisements, application forms, selection materials, applicant notices, eligibility lists and certification documents, using draft or revised previously prepared materials required for employee recruitment and selection.
• Assisting with examination processes; coordinating the oral interview processes; ordering standard testing materials; arranging testing times and sites; and
assisting in proctoring and scoring test materials and schedules.
• Coordinating and arranging the pre-employment process, including background and reference checks; and physical examinations.
• Coordinating procedures related to various personnel actions and forms related to educational reimbursements, training, payroll, employee performance appraisals, and merit salary increases.
• Researching, compiling and summarizing a variety of information to prepare
periodic and special reports; preparing correspondence and a variety of reports
and written materials.
• Drafting various employment contracts and job offer letters.
• Maintaining a variety of records and files for employees and assigned human
• The incumbent may drive a motor vehicle to visit various City work sites and attend meetings and examination processes.
• Performing work with a record of regular attendance and punctuality.
Apply online at
Member Agency: Redwood City