Code: MA27 Pay Grade: 27 (Confidential) Salary: $48,443.20-$66,456.00/yr.
Recruitment: April 10, 2017 through May 5, 2017
As the HR Manager, you will assist the Director of Human Resources in overseeing human resource functions and activities within specified work units and offices within DHHS. You will be responsible for providing technical advice and HR support to supervisors and managers within the assigned units/offices and assure coordination of functions specific to other HR staff as necessary. You will be responsible for a full range of human resource activities including recruitment, investigations, position actions, grievance resolution/contract administration and ADA accommodations case management.
In order to qualify, you must have a six (6) year combination of education and professional level experience in human resources management, preferably with at least two years of experience at the HR manager level and in a public-sector setting.
The background of well-qualified candidates will demonstrate the following competencies:
1. A demonstrated ability and experience in providing a broad range of HR-related support and training to managers and supervisors, making sound decisions, being innovative, and a successful history of providing exceptional helpful customer service and partnering with agencies in providing meaningful HR services.
2. Knowledge of and prior experience working with collective bargaining agreements.
3. Knowledge of federal and state EEO/ADA laws, regulations and rules, which includes at least two years professional level experience working with individuals seeking reasonable accommodations in an employment setting.
4. Exceptional negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to successfully navigate labor/management relations.
5. A demonstrated ability of working in a fast-paced, technical environment with proficiency in meeting the shifting priorities.
Value of State-paid Health & Dental Insurance: $386.73 biweekly.
Value of State’s share of employee’s retirement: 20.85% of pay.
*The level of the actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on the employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a State of Maine direct hire application form and a cover letter addressing the five competency areas identified in the Requirements section to the address below. This job posting and a Direct Hire application can be found on our website: http://www.maine.gov/fps/opportunities/
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY:
May 5, 2017
SEND COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO:
Stephen Smith, HR Manager
DHHS – HR Services Center
32 Blossom Lane
Marquardt Bldg., 3rd Floor
Augusta, Maine 04330