Human Resources Manager/HR Planning and Performance Manager
Pinellas County Human Resources
Primarily responsible for the development, measurement, and assessment of Human Resources strategic plan, annual goals and outcomes. Leads and directs the Planning and Performance Center of Excellence, which includes Human Resource Business Partners and Employee Relations professionals. Develops and executes on prioritized business driven human capital initiatives in collaboration with members of the HR Leadership Team (HRLT) and appropriate business partners. Ensures all related initiatives are developed and executed in line with Appointing Authorities’ mission, strategy, goals and values and that measurements of effectiveness, timeliness, continuous improvement and success are built in. Serves as a member of the HRLT and reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead efforts related to Human Resources strategic planning, performance measurement and reporting, and process improvement to ensure clarity and progress toward goal achievement; design and support facilitation of working sessions related to strategic planning and establishment of short-term and long-term goals.
- Work with HR personnel and business units to develop and analyze human capital metrics to identify important trends; ensure that information is presented in a clear, concise and relevant manner to key stakeholders.
- Advise and collaborate with members of the HRLT and Appointing Authorities to develop and successfully execute on prioritized human capital strategies that lead to successful attainment of business objectives.
- In all endeavors, role model and cultivate desired workplace culture (i.e., mission, values, performance & development, engagement, and accountability.)
- Supervise, develop and coach the HRBP team toward successful collaborations with internal HR teams; this includes working strategically and collaboratively with colleagues in Organizational and Talent Development, Workforce Strategy, and other HR teams as appropriate, driving department-wide communication and alignment (“One HR”.)
- Lead HRBP team to coach managers directly and proactively on leading teams, managing employees, and resolving organizational conflicts successfully as well as handling of employee-related issues and, with employment counsel, compliance and/or finance as appropriate, with knowledge of the law, regulations and Pinellas County rules, policies, practices and processes. In addition, partner with the HRLT and their teams on quality, effectiveness and timely execution of learning, management, organizational development and leadership programs.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships at all levels and in all areas of the County, and serve as a credible consultant in strategic and tactical approaches for handling of HR-related matters, as well as a champion for change as appropriate; be a key business adviser and subject matter expert through business acumen, knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, relationship management and proactive solutions. Ensure recommendations are supported by data and decision making information as appropriate and drive positive change.
- Constructively and respectfully challenge leadership, employees, HR colleagues, and business partners for purposes of improving outcomes or processes as needed in the interest of what is best for Pinellas County employees.
- As member of the HRLT, assist in developing, building and executing programs that support attracting, engaging, developing and retaining talent.
- Analyze and remain current on external trends and metrics as they apply to the HR industry and Appointing Authorities’ business strategy; when developing actions to support business objectives and/or people strategy determine and utilize appropriate methods and metrics for measuring success, including quality, timeliness, efficiency and impact (effectiveness.)
Job Requirements (Optional):
- 8 years’ experience in employee relations, including mediation and conflict resolution that includes 2 years’ experience with establishing successful relationships and/or partnerships with organizations and clients served plus 2 years’ supervisory experience; or
- Associate’s degree and 6 years’ experience in employee relations, including mediation and conflict resolution that includes 2 years’ experience with establishing successful relationships and/or partnerships with organizations and clients served plus 2 years’ supervisory experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years’ experience in employee relations, including mediation and conflict resolution that includes 2 years’ experience with establishing successful relationships and/or partnerships with organizations and clients served plus 2 years’ supervisory experience; or
- Master’s or higher-level degree and 2 years’ experience in employee relations, including mediation and conflict resolution that includes 2 years’ experience with establishing successful relationships and/or partnerships with organizations and clients served plus 2 years’ supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of employment law.
- Experience with strategic planning, performance measurement, and process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills as well as skills in oral and written communication, presentation, listening, team facilitation, and customer service.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, I/O Psychology, Business Management, Industrial Relations, Public Administration, or related field.
- Human Resources professional certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP).
- Experience in multiple HR disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, prioritize, learn on the fly, and effectively manage multiple complex projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess organizational needs and implement solutions through formal and informal channels.
- Familiarity with human capital metrics and industry benchmarks, their use, development, and presentation with ability to identify and generate relevant metrics to further business and HR strategic initiatives and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use various software, including the standard suite of MS office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and an automated Human Resources Information System.
- Advanced people management and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, and develop employees.
How To Apply (Optional):
Apply by: August 27, 2017
To apply click here.