Human Resources Advisor - Benefits/Wellness
The City of Grand Prairie Human Resources Department has a great opportunity to join our dynamic, fun and fast-moving team as an HR Advisor over Benefits and Wellness administration, programming and communication outreach. This is a high level professional position and we are looking for someone who fits our team with a heart and passion for service. Grand Prairie is an incredible place to live, work and play, with a business culture that is family friendly, inclusive and known for working hard and fast, but in a fun environment. We have a diverse staff and are looking for the next great team member who fits our customer focused and engaged culture with the ability to keep up with our demands.
Could you be the next great one to join our team?
Position Open Until: October 20, 2017. NOTE: We try to be very efficient and hire quickly once we find a great match. We hope to Onboard the new team member by early November.
Who We are Looking For:
- A highly energetic, detailed, organized and accuracy-focused HR professional
- An individual with a great personality, can-do attitude, who is highly efficient, confident and creative minded and applies consistent business processes and methodology to solve complex issues.
- A person who excels at developing positive relationships and is highly responsive to all levels of management throughout the city on project status and updates.
- A teammate who excels in a fun, but extremely fast-paced and demanding environment and is dependable, reliable and can get the job done well and right the first time!
- A team member to oversee benefits and wellness program administration, processes, education, outreach and related HRMS/HRIS system maintenance; research and resolve sensitive benefits claims issues for customers with vendors; respond daily to city employee questions and concerns; manage monthly wellness programming, campaigns and creative activities to engage our workforce in the improvement of health and wellbeing; manage the employee health fair annually and all setup/take-down and vendor coordination; manage all aspects of benefit plans including communication tools, annual enrollment system setup, modifications, and employee enrollment; coordinate with all vendors on routine outreach, issues and documentation; coordinate with HR staff, city leaders, city manager’s office, payroll, and IT staff as needed to lead projects, implement change, modify the system, and maintain system processes and applications for peak performance and system integrity.
Job Requirements (Optional):
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred emphasis in Human Resources Management
- 2 years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources functions; preference given if experience is directly in benefits administration and/or wellness programming
- Current Texas Drivers License