Metro Wastewater Reclamation District in Denver, CO - a nationally recognized leader among clean water utilities, provides wastewater conveyance and treatment services for 1.8 million people in the Denver Metro area.
4-Day Work Week Available - in beautiful Denver, CO!
General Statement of Duties & Organizational Responsibilities
Coordinate and track all training activities at Metro Wastewater Reclamation District. Monitor progress of trainees in programs. Work collaboratively with leaders in the organization to identify and prioritize training needs for diverse work groups. Develop curriculums, programs, and internal and external resources for training needs. Works under the general direction of the Employment & Development Officer. May direct the work of other individuals involved in training activities. Works closely with the Environmental Health and Safety Officer and staff on related training.
1. Organize, plan, and deliver training functions throughout the district including structured and on-the-job training and transferable skills
2. Source, identify, and manage vendors/consultants/subject matter experts to deliver specialized training and assess their effectiveness
3. Assist in the design, development, and delivery of a supervisory development program built around core leadership competencies
4. Develops and maintains records of and requirements for departmental training
5. Assess development needs of the organization to drive training initiatives
6. Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results
7. Develops, implements, and/or evaluates new and existing training materials and courses. Instructs/facilitates training courses as required
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Training, Organizational Development, Human Resources or other related disciplines or equivalent combination of experience and education (see below). Five years of experience in a training/L&D role. Experience in the design, implementation, and facilitation of adult learning through either classroom or computer based training.
Equivalency equals two years of directly related professional experience for every year of education not completed. The stated experience requirement is in addition to any experience used to meet the education equivalency. For this position, in addition to the required 5 years of experience in a training/L&D role, equivalency would be an Associate’s Degree in a related field plus 4 years of directly related professional experience or 8 years of directly related experience without a degree.
Certification in an organization training and development from a professionally recognized organization such as Association for Talent Development. Public sector experience. Hands-on experience with administering a training program using an LMS. Demonstrated success in coaching and counseling leadership development at all levels of an organization. Proven relationship building success across diverse disciplines. Project management experience in a complex collaborative multi-discipline environment.
TO APPLY – TO APPLY - Visit www.metrowastewater.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer-Non Smoking and Fragrance-Free Facility-Drug Screen & Background Check Required of Finalists