Exciting new position with Adams County Government!
We are looking for a dynamic leader to perform a variety of professional, supervisory, and analytical activities surrounding the development, implementation, and delivery of Human Resources Department programs and services with an emphasis on compensation, HRIS, and employee performance management.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Plan, direct, and manage the county's classification and compensation programs, HRIS, and employee performance management system.
• Provide management level analysis and recommendations regarding issues and processes relative to assigned services and programs within Human Resources.
• Develop policies, procedures, and programs as needed to ensure that Adams County is current, competitive, and in compliance with legal requirements.
• Monitor salary structures, balance staffing needs with cost controls, and help ensure that policies, procedures, and programs are in alignment with the organization's overall strategic objectives and HR vision.
• Recommend strategic revisions to reduce complexity and monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures.
• Oversee preparation of salary surveys to ensure benchmarking data is accurate and market trends are communicated and understood by leadership in a proactive manner.
• Provide intelligent and thoughtful advice to staff and leadership on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design and implementation of creative solutions to all compensation related programs.
• Lead all employee communication related to classification, compensation, and employee performance management.
• Consult with internal business partners, such as department heads and management, to assess compensation and compliance needs.
• Oversee department functions of the HRIS business system, JD Edwards Enterprise One.
• Supervise the daily operations and activities of assigned Human Resources staff; assign tasks and monitor work flow; review and evaluate work methods and procedures; recommend and implement improvements and modifications.
• Participate in the development and administration of the Human Resources Department budget, goals, and objectives; approve expenditures as authorized.
• Recommend and implement goals, objectives, and procedures for the Human Resources Department.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
• Exercises direct supervision over staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Human Resources practices.
• Strong knowledge of compensation administration principles and procedures, as well as federal and state wage laws and regulations.
• Highly developed skills in analytics, process management, compensation program management, leadership, and teamwork.
• Ability to evaluate information by identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts derived from breaking down data into separate parts.
• In-depth knowledge of HRIS administration and reporting - preferably JD Edwards Enterprise One.
• Advanced knowledge of Crystal Reports.
• Ability to identify problems and initiate solutions and/or corrective measures.
• Knowledge of project management principles.
• Knowledge of principles of supervision and performance evaluation.
• Computer skills: Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
o Six years of compensation program management experience.
o Three to four years of strong HRIS experience.
o Three years of supervisory experience.
• Education and Training:
o Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field.
o Master's Degree preferred.
• License or Certificate: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
• Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: