IPMA-HR Executive Director Neil Reichenberg provides the latest government affairs update via recorded webcast on the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The update covers the following areas:
- The FLSA overtime regulations litigation.
- The request for information on the FLSA overtime regulations issued by the Department of Labor.
- The withdrawal of two Wage-Hour Administrator’s opinions that were issued in 2015 and 2016.
- The Labor Department resuming the issuing of Wage and Hour Opinion letters.
- The appeal of litigation concerning whether the payment of cash in lieu of benefits needs to be included when determining the FLSA regular rate for overtime calculations.