Mid- and Senior-level HR Professionals | IPMA-SCP: 12 recertification points | HRCI: 25.75 HR (General) recertification credit hours
Developing Competencies for HR Success is an 11-week, comprehensive leadership course developed to provide mid- to senior-level human resource professionals, committed to working in the public sector, with a foundation for success. This comprehensive training program challenges HR professionals to meet the ever-changing demands of the public sector and prepares you to be a partner in organizational change—ensuring your agency remains relevant for the future.
Position your organization for the future. HR is no longer "just" about recruiting and benefits. Today’s human resources department plays a critical role in the organization’s success. With this course, you'll gain valuable tools and solutions that address the particular needs and demands of the public sector, helping you prepare for your essential role as a partner in organizational change.
- Gain expertise in the four major roles of HR: HR expert, business partner, leader, and change agent.
- Explore in-depth the 20 competencies for success, which include self-assessment, team-building and coaching, dispute resolution, consensus-building, essential communication skills, building trust relationships, and more.
- Learn new and effective communication techniques.
- Discover the changes happening within and around public sector HR.
- Network and share with peers from all over the country.
- Better serve your agency's leadership with enhanced skills.
- Improve your current organizational dynamics.
- Enjoy high-quality training — without the time and expense of travel.
- Take an important step toward professional certification.
- This course culminates in a multiple-choice exam that is used to assess your understanding of how the 20 competencies are directly tied to the success of HR professionals. A passing grade on the final exam takes you one step closer toward becoming an IPMA Senior Certified Professional (IPMA-SCP).
IPMA-HR leadership courses are specifically designed for the unique needs and environment of public sector human resources professionals. Become a strategic player in your organization!
Certificate of Completion: Yes