Administration Fee: $97
Unless otherwise noted, all test orders are subject to a $97 base administration fee to each test title ordered, regardless of the quantity of tests ordered. This fee will be automatically added to your shopping cart along with your test.
An additional $50 fee ($147 in total) is assessed for shipments to Canada and other international destinations.
The PSUP 400 series was designed to assess whether candidates have the competencies to perform successfully at the rank of first-line police supervisor (i.e., corporal or sergeant) in a law enforcement agency. PSUP 401, 302 V2 and 403 each contain five subtests, which are listed below along with examples of some of the competencies they assess.
1. Laws Related to Police Work. Find out if your candidates have the legal knowledge to immediately determine whether a subordinate’s actions were appropriate and legal, if probable cause exists for an arrest or search, or proper charges have been lodged against a suspect. (24 items)
2. Police Field Operations. In order to train, evaluate, correct and answer the questions of their subordinates, police supervisors must have knowledge of basic police procedures, such as when it’s appropriate to use force, proper arrest procedures, community policing concepts and basic patrol strategies. (24 items)
3. Supervisory Practices. Concepts of Supervision and Concepts of Administration have been combined under this heading.
4. Police Investigative Procedures. Securing a crime scene and conducting, supervising and coordinating the preliminary investigation and/or the ongoing investigation requires someone with knowledge of the procedures for performing tasks such as crime scene management, and gathering and preserving evidence. (15 items)
5. Records, Reports and Paperwork. Since a criminal case can be won or lost on the basis of a police report, report review is a critical part of a supervisor’s job; even grammatical or spelling errors can place the credibility of a report, or the officer who wrote it, in doubt. (10 items)
All promotional and customized tests have a required Reading List. Candidates must receive the Reading List at least 60 days prior to the exam in order to have adequate time to acquire and study each book on the list. You can obtain online a current copy of the Reading List for your promotional test.
|PSUP 403 Content||Items|
|Laws related to police work||24|
|Police field operations||24|
|Reports, records & paperwork||10|